文章作者：姜南(Slyar) 文章来源：Slyar Home (www.slyar.com) 转载请注明，谢谢合作。
A client request a wired network connection on his Microsoft Surface 3 Pro tablet. However, I found that the official Surface Ethernet adapter could NOT work on the Surface 3 with a Windows 8.1
Even though the official Surface Ethernet adapter is made by Microsoft itself, the driver cannot be installed automatically in Windows 8.1
After 2 hours research, I found that Surface Gigabit Ethernet adapter is using Realtek chip, what's more, the Windows 8.1 do have Realtek USB GBE Family Controller driver naturally.
Here is the steps:
1. Plug in the Surface Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, waiting for the installation fails.
2. Right-click the "Computer", then click "Manage" - "Device Manager" - "Other devices"
3. Right click the "Ethernet Adapter", choose "Update Driver Software"
4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Uncheck the "Show compatible hardware"
7. Choose "Realtek" in the left column, then choose "Realtek USB GBE Family Controller" in the right column
8. Click "Yes" on the warning window
9. Then the driver has been installed successfully
10. Check the network connection, the speed is 1.0 Gbps